Goal to Problem

I wanted to talk about this yesterday, but my latest facebook addiction consumed more of my time. The topic today is about whether we from IT practice CRM when we deal with our customers?

Now I personally work in a very laid-back, informal shop. The CRM guy part of me, says that we need to apply what the business is doing, with what we are doing with IT. So if I'm not using those practices via the system, I should be at least applying the concepts in practice. I try to take every question with serious consideration, even if some give me a chuckle at times. The problem is how do you provide a great "user experience", with limited resources.

The goal I have to is to provide "white glove" help with every question. I want to make sure that even if we do not solve their goal, we provide a solution to their problem. I bet you are confused about the goal part. Well every user comes in a with a goal and a problem. The goal is what they think is wrong and the problem is what is really wrong. What we have to do is try to get our "customer" to understand that the problem should be their goal. It is an interesting challenge.

As part of that strategy, the obvious should be fixed unless the resource constraints prohibit that action. I personally hate "known bugs" that could be resolved with a just a little extra effort. I dealt with something the other day, where I had to give a work around. The reason being is because the effort was not made to eliminate the known error. It was an error that training can fix, but lets face it, people forget instructions even on things they do daily. In this case, this was an application they might not use on a daily basis, which makes it even worse.

My solution was to provide the information and try to provide a degree of empathy with the user. That takes care of my customer centricity, but due to the informality, there is no tracking on this. It drives the CRM part of me crazy, because you can only learn from support situations by reviewing every support call and doing proper analysis.

So I'm ending this blog with question, how can I implement better CRM practices in my IT support of CRM without requiring a whole project? If only I had SAP CRM 7.0 with ITIL pre-delivered, then I could just fire it up and run with it. However I bet in CRM 2007 I could whip something up, to help with the basics. Now it is time to review the service ticket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green/Sustainable CRM

While you are waiting let's talk about coffee

Radio Silence